The Boone Society will return to it’s roots in England to retrace the Family before it migrates to America. This trip will begin with a September 1, 2015 departure to arrive in London on the morning on September 2nd. The itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1 – Free day to settle into the hotel and rest up from your trip. Evening is free time.
- Day 2 – Breakfast and depart by motor coach for a full day of sightseeing in London.
- Day 3 – Breakfast and free day, on your own, in London for sightseeing and shopping.
- Day 4- Breakfast and departure from London to Stonehenge to Bath to Exeter.
- Day 5- Breakfast and depart for Stoke Cannon Church, a Pub lunch and dinner at hotel.
- Day 6- Breakfast and visit St. Disen Church, then drive to Portsmouth for ferry to France.
- Day 7- Breakfast and full day tour of Normandy Landing Beaches and Cemeteries. Dinner.
- Day 8- Breakfast and visit Bayeux then depart by train for Paris. tour of Paris, evening free.
- Day 9- Breakfast and tour the sights of Paris such as the Louvre and Notre Dame.
- Day 10- Breakfast and free day on your for sightseeing and shopping.
- Day 11- breakfast and departure for home.
This is a guided tour by motor coach with tour guides, ferry, train trips, hotels and some meals and admission to many attractions. It covers the highlights of the best in London and Paris. at St. Disen Church, you will visit where Daniel Boone’s father, Squire was baptized. A dream trip for sure.
For more details and registration for the trip, contact Carolyn Compton at 615-406-2738 or email@example.com. She organized the 2007 trip and has spent many hours to plan this one. Several people have already signed up and we hope you will join us on this chance of a lifetime adventure.
Janice Rudman, Going again.
And This Time, Normandy and Paris as well!